What are the Types of Hospital Mattresses and Where to Buy It?
Generally hospital mattresses also called medical mattresses are not as comfortable as your own home bed mattress. Hospital bed mattresses are very different from the mattresses we use at home. They are designed keeping in mind the firmness of the edges and the thickness as well as the safety concerns of the patients.
Different Types of Hospital Mattresses
There are many types of hospital Mattress available in the market but you need to choose best one based on the specific needs of the patients.
- Foam mattress: A foam mattress used in hospital is of higher density such as 32, 40 density. They are treated with antimicrobial technology. The material covering the mattress is generally rexine or plastic to ensure waterproofing. The cover material is FR fabric that is Fire Retardant. Hospital foam mattress can be plain or come with 2 or 4 sections providing foldability.
- Alternate pressure pads and pump: Hospital Mattresses based on alternating pressure pads and pumping system. The air output is 6-8L/min and pressure ranges from 30mmHg and 100 mmHg. The cover material is either Nylon or PU covered.
- Air Jet mattress: These hospital mattresses have small holes on the surface to reduce humidity level, foul air and microbial growth. The air output in air jet mattress is 3.5-4L/min and pressure ranges from 50mmHg and 90mmHg. The cover material used is PVC
How to Choose The Right Hospital Mattress?
- Size – The Standard size of hospital bed mattress is 36″ Wide and 80″ Length but some mattresses are also can be extend to 84 inches. You have to remember that size of hospital mattress should be longer than patient’s height and easily fits on the bed.
- Flexibility – It should be flexible and not be break after bed adjustment because many hospital beds comes with adjustable position so for such beds, adjustable mattresses are highly considered..
- User mobility – If a patient spends more hours in bed then foam mattress is good option.
How to Clean Hospital Mattress?
It is very important to clean hospital bed mattress properly. You can increase life of your mattress with regular disinfecting and washing. Always remember that you are using best chemicals to clean your hospital mattress. Don’t use highly concentrated solutions because it may damage the fabric.
Where to Buy Hospital Bed Mattress at Best Price in India?
After evaluating all the hospital mattresses your question will be that where to buy Hospital mattress in India and the answer is Fresh Up. Fresh Up mattress brand offers premium quality Foam Mattress for Hospitals using Rexine cover, FR fabric keeping in view all the standards.