How to Measure Your Mattress Size
We all have different sizes of beds at our home and beds are usually made in standard sizes like double size, single sized, queen and king sized sizes. It is always recommended for you to find a bed size that is at least four inches longer than the tallest person who sleeps in it. Here are some of the measurements that should be taken in order to ensure that you get the right kind of bed size or mattress for yourself:-
- Strip the bed of all bedding: – If you want to measure your mattress size then you might want to measure it from the exact edge.
- Get a retractable measuring tape: – Once you get on measuring the mattress, you can take help of your friend or family member for holding the tape, if it doesn’t locks down. This way, you will be able to measure the mattress properly.
- Note down the measurements for the future references: – The measurements of the bed will not only help you in finding out the right size of mattress for yourselves but you will also be able to decide the size of the bed which is going to fit in your room ideally.
- Set the end of the tape at the middle top of the bed: – Keep extending the tape until you reach the middle bottom of the bed. Now you just have to write down this length measurement.
- Put one end of the measuring tape at the left side of the bed: – After measuring the length move on to the width by pulling the tape out until it touches the right edge of the bed. Then you can right down the measurement of the width.
Measuring your mattress properly plays an important role in determining the size of the mattress you are encasing to buy. We all know that mattresses and box springs are available in different depths and that is why you must pay extra attention while measuring the height of your mattress to ensure proper fit. Now you can use a ruler in order to take the measurement from the bottom edge of the mattress to highest point on the top edge. You also have to include the measurement of the pillow top mattress or topper, a memory foam pad, or other mattress pad, or other mattress pad in the total height of the mattress. You have to avoid pressing down on the mattress while taking the measurement to make sure that you get the correct depth of the mattress.
Determining the size of the bed:-
- Decide the size of your twin bed they differ in sizes from one place to another.
- You must move on to a full sized bed in case your bed is 54 inches invest wide.
- If the bed has width of 60 inches then you must increase its size to a queen size bed.
If your bed is 76 inches wide and 80 inches long, then you must consider it as a king size bed.