4 Best Tips for Back Pain Relief
Middle aged people are most likely to experience pain in their lower back. Old age brings a lot of diseases and with age, our bone density decreases and the bones and joints in our lower back begin to change with time. The discs which work as cushions between the bones in the spine, incline to indisposed and sometimes become fragmented. These alterations in the bone structure are responsible for the pain in human body. Another cause of low back pain is herniated disc but these cases occur less. In some cases, a disc pushes outside the gap which exists between the bones and compresses a nerve at the point where it beaches off the spinal cord. When the sciatic nerve, leading into the buttocks and legs, get affected it causes the pain known as sciatica. But the reason behind the low back pain is strain or sprain due to excessive use, unusual activity, heavy lifting or an accident. Most of the cases of lower back pain get resolved on their own with time but it the pain continues after three to four days, then it’s high time to see a doctor.
1. Cold and Heat Therapies
2. Limited Bed Rest: Doctors recommend that a patient remains active to avoid muscles from stiffening. But bed rest is recommended when it comes to getting relief from lower back pain which hurts while you are sitting or standing. Although you need bed rest, try and limit it to time to few hours at a time and not for more than one or two days.
3. Physical Activity: You can includeaerobic activity, strength training, and flexibility exercises in your daily routine.
Here are some of quick home remedies for back pain:-
1. Make a mixture of camphor and coconut oil, boil that mixture for 5 minutes. Let it cool and store it in a bottle. Apply that mixture twice a week before going to sleep to get rid of backache and you will easily get rid of back pain.
2. Take a bucket of lukewarm water; add few drops of eucalyptus oil in it. Bathing with this water will help you in kicking off backache as well as body pain. It will also make you feel stress-free.
3. While you are watching TV or doing some work, you can put a hot-water bag on back supported by a cushion. The heat-based treatment will help you in fighting off backache.
4. You can also massage your back with mustard oil and take a hot shower in order to get rid of back pain.
Using right kind of mattress:-
A mattress which has medium-firm firmness would be ideal for people who have back aches. A firmer mattress with the addition of thicker padding can also be used as an alternative to support your back. Fresh up orthopedic mattress like Exotica, Boost Up, Loosen Up provide ultra-relief for back aches. Know more at www.freshupmattresses.com.